You’re interested in purchasing a gas fire, wood burning stove, feature wall or electric fire but you don’t get a response to your email!
To make sure our emails always go to your inbox and not that pesky spam/junk folder you need to ‘Whitelist’ our email. But how do you whitelist an email?
Well, hopefully our little guide will help all those email users who use AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Postini, Bell/Sympatico, Rogers, Shaw, Telus.net & more!
Also, if you find email from [email protected], or any of our emails in your spam or junk folder, please take that opportunity to tell your mail program that it is not spam by hitting the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button, as that will train your program to whitelist it.
Choose from the providers below:
1. Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam’ button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste [email protected] into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
6. Make our “From” address, [email protected], the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click “Save”
To whitelist [email protected] with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a “filter” after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from [email protected] is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
2. Be sure that the address [email protected] is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If [email protected] is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click “Add”
6. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and [email protected], which tells the system to put email with [email protected] in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
8. Pick the Add Filter button
Hotmail ( Live)
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add [email protected] to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
2. Next, check to see if if the email address [email protected] is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find [email protected] on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
5. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste [email protected] where it says “Type an address or domain”
7. Click the “Add” button
1. First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
4. Click “Add Stonehouse Fireplaces to Contacts list”
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add [email protected] where it says “Add address”
5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add [email protected] to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find email from [email protected] in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on “New Card”
5. In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste [email protected] to the email dialog box
6. Click “Ok”
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu
8. Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
9. Click “Ok”
Apple Mail for OS X
1. First, if email from [email protected] ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as “Stonehouse Fireplaces”
6. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “[email protected]”
7. From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
8. Click “OK”